But -- you'll laugh -- I'm still trying to convince myself that I'll have time for 44 minutes a week to spend watching Prison Break. Oh, me. I crack myself up.
Who knew? I'm rather attached to what little semblance of a life I currently have.
So, in honour of the month or so of time I have left for hardcore time-wasting, I'm gonna do a meme. :D
Fandom character survey
Choose twelve characters from your fandoms, then answer the questions. Do not look at the questions beforehand.
1. Gregory House (House)
2. William Murdoch (Murdoch Mysteries)
3. Emperor Kuzco (The Emperor's New Groove)
4. Sergeant Angua von Uberwald (Discworld)
5. Alexander Mahone (Prison Break)
6. Jack Hodgins (Bones)
7. James Wilson (House)
8. Commander Samuel Vimes (Discworld)
9. Temperance Brennan (Bones)
10. Chandler Bing (Friends)
11. Lisa Cuddy (House)
12. Seeley Booth (Bones)
1. Who would make a better college professor, 6 (Hodgins) or 11 (Cuddy)? What subjects would they teach?
I think Cuddy would take to the job much better than Hodgins would. Hodgins is certainly more qualified -- doesn't he have multiple doctoral degrees? -- but he would get bored with so much theoretical work. I also don't think he's the type to impart knowledge onto others. I think he holds his knowledge of bugs, slime & dirt too close to his chest to share any of that material. I've never been to college, personally, but I think Cuddy is more the professor type than Hodgins is.
2. Do you think 4 (Angua) is hot? How hot?
This question requires a lot of objectivity and creativity on my part, because a) um, she's a girl, and b) she has no actual physical representation. Carrot seems to think she's pretty hot. And that's saying something, because Carrot is pretty much as easy to influence sexually as a tartan kilt (I have no idea where the kilt thing came from, btw).
3. 12 (Booth) sends 8 (Vimes) on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Well, in most circumstances, if Booth started ordering the Duke of Ankh and Commander of the City Watch around, Vimes would tell him to stick it where the sun shineth not. However, if you think of Vimes as a cop and Booth as an FBI agent, the possibilities open up -- it could be any sort of dirty work that Booth, wanting to keep his hair and new suit pristine, would want to abstain from. Wading around in a sewer or something, just as an exmple. Whatever it is, it would damn well succeed, because Vimes is a bad-ass motherfucker.
4. What is or would be 9’s (Bones) favorite book?
Lol, probably one of her own books. Bones seems like someone who would be completely unabashed about loving their own work.
5. Would it make more sense for 2 (Murdoch) to swear fealty to 6 (Hodgins), or the other way around?
Other way around. Hodgins is very much the loyal type; he's already sworn unspoken fealty to people like Angela, Bones and Booth. Plus I just can't see a reason why Murdoch would swear fealty to Hodgins.
6. For some reason, 5 (Mahone) is looking for a roommate. Should s/he share a studio apartment with 9 (Bones) or with 10 (Chandler)?
Oh lord, why do Mahone and Chandler always get put in the most inconvenient situations in these memes? Bones, definitely. Chandler would drive Mahone insane. Either way, I don't think Mahone's sanity would last very long. He wouldn't look for a roommate to begin with, but I think Bones would be better for him because she's logical and intelligent and serious, like he is. In fact, if Bones didn't bombard him with needlessly technical jargon, they could probably hit it off pretty well.
7. 2 (Murdoch), 7 (Wilson) and 12 (Booth) have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
They'd go to that diner that Booth and Bones always go to. I don't think they'd have any heated discussion -- they're all pretty... well, I wouldn't say laid-back, but they're all well-adjusted. They wouldn't talk about anything specific, just like sports and current events. Wilson and Booth would probably bitch about House and Bones a bit, and maybe Murdoch would defend them because he's s wishy-washy. :D
8. 3 (Kuzco) challenges 10 (Chandler) to a duel. What happens?
AHAHAHA I have no idea what that would entail. Maybe a karaoke duel or a dance-off or a battle of Your Mom jokes or something. Chandler would win karaoke with 'Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog' and the Your Mom jokes b/c they probably don't do those jokes nearly so much in ancient quasi-Aztec civilizations. But Kuzco would win the dance-off, no question.
9. If 1 (House) stole 8’s (Vimes) most precious possession, how would he get it back?
If House stole Vimes'... badge? Ohshitohshitohshit House you're gonna die. Anything that House has over Vimes (i.e. intellect and all that it entails) wouldn't be much use in the face of Vimes' self-righteous fury. Vimes can do *anything* when he's pissed. He might get the help of the wizards (though it may pain him to do so) in order to get to the Roundworld and to PPTH. And then, no matter how good House is at avoiding people, Vimes would get it back. I'm not sure how effective the badge would be as a motivator (when I think precious possession, I'm thinking material object, and Vimes is so much more of an ideas and people man), but whatever that precious possession is, Vimes would get it back through sheer dogged determination.
10. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 (Wilson) and 12 (Booth) both attain what they most desire.
Ugh no titles tonight dear I have a headache.
11. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 (Angua) and 1 (House) to work together ?
A patient escapes from PPTH and nobody can find him so Angua offers her "special skills" to House -- why House? I dunno, 'cuz he's sexy -- in order to sniff out the runaway. Maybe Angua doesn't say outright that she can track him through scent -- maybe she places a bet on the fact that she'll be able to find him and House follows along because he's curious and thinks that she's hot.
12. If 7 (Wilson) visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
I think we'd get along pretty well. We have a similarly patient, quiet sense of humour. I may get impatient with him if he starts psychoanalysing, though.
13. If you could command 3 (Kuzco) to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
He would teach me his groove dance. Like, how he dances in the opening number. I want to learn to dance like that. Or, no! I would command him to do something about that perfectly awful Disney Channel show about him. Either make it at least half as great as the original movie or throw it out, plzkthnx.
14. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11 (Cuddy)?
No. They should. But more than that, they should write/draw Vimes. Cuddy isn't very high up on my list of people that should be drawn/written.
15. If 2 (Murdoch) had to choose sides between 4 (Angua) and 5 (Mahone), which would it be?
It would depend on hw much he knew. If he knew nothing, he would choose Angua because Mahone is much more socially abrasive. If he knew about the werewolf thing he would choose Mahone because he would not be able to get past the werewolf thing -- Murdoch is not really ahead of his time in terms of tolerance. If he knew about Mahone's habit of killing people it might tip the scales back in Angua's favour, but if he knew about Mahone being blackmailed, again the scales may tip. I just really don't like this question much. This has nothing to do with Murdoch -- it has to do with how the average schmoe on the street would choose between them.
16. What might 10 (Chandler) shout while charging into battle?
He would shriek like a little girl.
17. If you chose a song to represent 8 (Vimes), which song would you choose?
That's a nice idea, and I *should* have a song for Vimes... I certainly have quite a few for Mahone, and he's only my second favourite fictional character. But, you know, I don't have a song for Vimes. I shall think about it.
18. 1 (House), 6 (Hodgins), and 12 (Booth) are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
House would get it. He's a very experienced and accomplished food thief.
19. What might be a good pick-up line for 2 (Murdoch) to use on 10 (Chandler)?
Srsly, why does Murdoch/Chandler keep coming up in these memes? Murdoch could have the perfect line and Chandler would still look at him as if he'd suggested that they start a two-man opera about fornicating bunnies.
20. What would 5 (Mahone) most likely be arrested for?
Um, possession and transportation of illegal substances. I say that because that's the only thing he's ever been arrested for. But it's equally likely that he would be arrested for murder.
21. What is 6’s (Hodgins) secret?
That he is really, really rich. You think you are rich? No, you are *well-off*. Hodgins has way more money than you do. This isn't exactly so much of a secret anymore, but he doesn't like people knowing.
22. If 11 (Cuddy) and 9 (Bones) were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
I'd have to go with Bones because she is more physically in shape and she's also smarter and could outwit Cuddy. I dunno, this question is lame.
23. Between 7 (Wilson) and 3 (Kuzco), who would most likely become your friend?
Wilson has more chance of becoming my friend because he is a modern doctor and Kuzco is an emperor of an ancient civilization. Also, if you'd rather I didn't take the question so literally, Wilson is more my type of person. Kuzco would get pretty overwhelming at times. Wilson is much more calm and intelligent.
24. 1 (House) and 9 (Bones) reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4’s (Angua) sinister secret organization. 11 (Cuddy) volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that 11 is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 (Booth) in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5 (Mahone), they seek out 3 (Kuzco), who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic? Name three people on your friends list who might read it. Name one person who should write it.
Just give me a minute to marvel at the trainwreck that is that crossover fic. It makes sense for the villain to kidnap Booth to force Bones' surrender, but the idea of Angua having a sinister secret organization just doesn't work at all no matter how I squint. Mahone must be having an off-day if he advises the contact of Kuzco... unless... ooo! Kuzco could give them magical potions to change into dogs in order to infiltrate Angua's society of jilted werewolves. But that is as far as I'm going to go -- no titling, no naming names, just no.
25. If you had to walk home through a bad neighbourhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 (Wilson) or 8 (Vimes)?
Vimes, baby. He is THE best person to walk through bad neighbourhoods late a night with. It's practically what he was born for. The walking, the late night, the bad neighbourhood... it's all very Vimes.
That was fun, I guess. Now I gotta sleep because I didn't fall asleep last night until 6:30 am this morning, and I woke up at 1:15 pm. Ugh. Just... ugh.